KAZIRANGA GOLF RESORT is conceived as premium, futuristic abode for spending a holiday in a colonial tea environment, learning the game of golf at one of the largest Golf Academy and 18 hole championship Golf Course and enjoying life in a natural setting. Kaziranga Golf Resort near Jorhat in Assam is set in lush tea estates & is a unique golf resort. Set in the Sangsua & Gatoonga tea estates in a 150 acre area this is a 18 hole, 6830 yard, Par 71 course. Beautifully maintained you will find lush green fairways, smooth greens & roughs that are memorable – they are all Bermuda grass. With bungalows & cottages this is a perfect holiday spot in a colonial tea environment. The resort also allows you to pick up & learn the game of golf with a large Golf Academy.
It was Christmas eve and we found a pamphlet to celebrate Christmas in Kaziranga Golf Resort. First i was not so sure about it but the advertising was very attractive and i loved the celebrations they were providing. So we headed of from Jorhat the very next day to celebrate Christmas. We received a warm welcome from the staff, due to Christmas the rates were 799 INR per person including food, shows, games etc. We saw tables ;aid down for our lunch and the decors placed right in the center of the resort. There was much time to start so we strolled the resort for some beautiful snap shots.
We did get some beautiful scenic beauty pics along with we enjoyed the lush greens the resort is embedded with. A game of golf here will be played amidst tea plantations, paddy fields & in settings that are in sync with nature. With the climate in Jorhat ranging from a min of 12 C ( Winters) to a max of 35 (in June,July & Aug) this is a year long golf destination.
The Facilities of the Resort :
- Experiential plantation bungalow located at Jorhat earlier known as Burra Sahib Bungalow
- Well equipped rooms categorised as 16 Superior Cottage Rooms and a Presidential Suite, built with British colonial exterior, period furniture and verandah offering spectacular views of the surroundings
- Recreational facilities include 18-hole championship golf course, driving range and golf academy, swimming pool, wellness centre, gymnasium, club house and indoor games
- F&B areas include a restaurant and a lounge bar
- Activities offered include tea tour (witness plucking of tea leaves and tea manufacture in the factory followed by tips on tea tasting)
- Recommended for travellers looking for plantation bungalow experience
The Accommodations are :
Golf Cottages, next-door to the club house, are built with British colonial exterior and verandahs with sloping roofs and a panoramic view of acres of flower-bedecked garden and the sprawling golf course.
Named after the 150 year old giant Banyan tree this Bungalow (previously known as Mistry Sahib’s Bungalow) is a part of the Resort and located 15 minutes drive away from the Club House.Ensconced within a compound spread over 2 hectares, this bungalow has 7 deluxe rooms having fireplaces in each of them.
- Superior Cottage Room : Tariff is approx 5896 INR
- Heritage Double Deluxe Room : Tariff is approx 7894 INR
After a good strolling we were headed towards our Christmas celebration. A luscious lunch was ready in a buffet in an open area. There was a DJ for some good music and dancing on this precious day. A Santa Clause was there for our entertainment. The celebration ended up to 6 pm before dark. We enjoyed our life out, a big round of applause to the entire team of the resort.
The other facilities are :
- Airport Transfer
- Conference Hall
- Doctor on Call
- Indoor Games
- Laundry Service
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
Overall it was a beautiful experience, but i recommend to have a stay with a fine dining restaurant, a wellness spa, indoor games and an uninterrupted view of the pristine surroundings and idyllic setting make this facility a “must visit” destination.
Please visit the resort website for more details :